Best Doctored Red Velvet Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Butter and flour 2 8" cake pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cake mix, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a medium sized bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into your dry ingredients.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the batter evenly into each cake pan.
- Bake for 28-36 minutes. Check at 28 minutes. If you can lightly touch on the middle of the cake and it springs back, it's ready!
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the cake pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pans and let set until fully cooled.
- Assemble and frost with my Cream Cheese Buttercream and enjoy!