Better Than A Bakery Vanilla Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Butter and flour two 8" cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your cake mix, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium sized bowl or large measuring cup whisk your eggs, milk, sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients.
- Whisk until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly into your prepared cake pans.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 28-36 minutes or until the middle springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack until fully cooled. I know this picture looks really dark, but they're not actually that bad. I was having some terrible lighting at the moment lol.
- Stack and cover with your favorite buttercream and enjoy! I used my Dark Chocolate Buttercream for this one, but most any flavor tastes amazing!