Cinnamon Clove Nutmeg Salt Dough Ornaments are a tradition in our house that we look forward to all year long! This is a smaller batch, but it’s very easily doubled! If you’d rather not bake these they can set overnight to dry! Also, feel free to have your kids decorate them!
Cinnamon Clove Nutmeg Salt Dough Ornaments
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together your flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Add your warm water to your flour mixture. Stir well. It will come together. If you feel like you absolutely need more moisture, add no more than 2 teaspoons. Just trust me here.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. I aim for a bit more than 1/4 of an inch thickness.
- Using your cookie cutter of choice, cut out your shapes and place them on your cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a straw to cut the hole that will be used to hang your ornaments. Don't forget this step! Once these are dry it will be impossible to punch a hole in them.
- Place your ornaments into the oven for 10 minutes. If you'd rather not bake them, they can set out overnight to dry!
- Remove your ornaments from the oven. Let them set for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, and then flip them all over. Let them continue to set on the cookie sheet until they're completely cooled.
- Thread a string or ribbon through the hole and enjoy the seasonal smell!