Cinnamon Crunch Swirl Cookies
- 1/2 batch Foolproof No Chill No Spread Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (ground down in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water or milk
- Make 1/2 of a batch of my Foolproof No Chill No Spread Sugar Cookies.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on your counter and lightly dust it with flour. Roll dough into a rectangle on your prepared surface. It doesn't have to be perfect at all. You just want the shape of a rectangle. Mine was about 8 1/2" by 18" and I roll my dough 3/8" thick. The size of your rectangle, and how many cookies you make will depend on how thick you roll your dough. If you roll it thinner, you will get a bigger rectangle that will make more cookies. Tip- You're going to be rolling the dough up, so you don't want to make it too thin because it will be hard to work with.
- Measure 2 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal into your food processor and process it all the way down. If you don't have a food processor you can put the cereal into a large zip bag and roll over it with your rolling pin until it's the consistency of sand.
- Pour your cereal crumbs onto your dough. Evenly distribute the crumbs and then lightly press them into the dough. The dough doesn't need to absorb the crumbs. You don't want to press so hard that you change the thickness or shape of the dough.
- Using the plastic wrap or parchment paper to help, start rolling your dough up longways. Depending on the thickness you rolled your dough up and how warm the environment is, you may not need the help of the plastic or parchment.
- Roll the dough all the way up and wrap securely in plastic wrap. If you rolled it thinner and need to cut it in half to be able to place in the fridge you can.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. You want the dough fully cooled and solid again.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line 2 baking pans with perforated baking mats or parchment paper.
- Remove your cookie log from the fridge and unwrap.
- Using a sharp knife slice into cookies. I sliced mine roughly 1/2" thick.
- Place 2" apart on your prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. If you sliced them thinner bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on cooling racks until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl mix together your powdered sugar and water or milk. Start with a 1/2 tablespoon and add more if needed. You want it thin enough to drizzle, but thick enough so that you can still see it. It should be the consistency close to glue.
- Drizzle your fully cooled cookies and enjoy!