Classic Pumpkin Pie
- 2 pie crusts (1 if using deep dish) baked and cooled
- 15 ounce Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Prebake and cool your pie crusts. There should be directions on the package, but what I do is preheat my oven to 425 degrees F and let the crusts set on the counter while the oven is preheating (about 20 minutes). When the crusts have thawed, take a fork and poke the bottom and sides of the crust. This will keep it from ballooning up while baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while getting the filling together.
- Turn your oven down to 350 after you've baked your crust.
- In a large bowl mix your light brown sugar, flour, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves together. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl whisk your pumpkin, whole milk, heavy cream, and eggs together until incorporated.
- Add your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients.
- Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour evenly into each of your 2 pre-baked and cooled pie crusts. If using deep dish this will only fill 1.
- Place your pies onto a baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes in your preheated oven. The middle will be set and they will be slightly darker when done.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack to cool completely (about 2 hours).
- Enjoy! If there is any left over store it in the fridge.