This is a go-to dessert in our house. It’s a very simple and straight forward recipe that you can easily add fruit too!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups fruit (optional)
- Lightly coat a 12-cup bundt pan with your pan release spread (aka GOOP). You can also lightly butter and then flour your pan if you don't have the spread on hand.
- With a handheld or stand mixer beat the butter and cream cheese together until combined. Scrape down bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and salt together.
- Add the sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat well. Scrape down bowl.
- One at a time add the eggs, beating until combined. Scrape down bowl.
- With mixer on low, slowly add the flour. Mix until just combined.
- Switching to your rubber spatula (or whatever you're using to scrape your bowl down), add the vanilla and gently mix in. If you're adding fruit, do so now. Make sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Gently scoop the batter into your prepared bundt pan. Smooth the batter flat.
- Place your pound cake into the oven. Set the temperature to 300 degrees F. and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes. It will be golden brown and have a slight crust across the top.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 8 minutes. Turn out of the pan onto a plate or platter.
- No, you do not preheat your oven for this pound cake.
- Fruit can easily be added to this batter! One of my favorites is organic wild blueberries. They work perfectly with the cream cheese flavor!
- This pound cake is delicious while still warm but my family prefers it cold. I let it cool completely and then place into the fridge. We slice off of it for days out of the fridge!