This Cream Cheese Pumpkin Braid is so simple to make, but looks and tastes absolutely amazing! You can also try these Pecan Pie Bars that area just as delicious!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Braid
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thaw your puff pastry for about 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cream cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk an egg. Set aside.
- Lay each sheet of puff pastry flat out onto your prepared pan (there are two in the package).
- Put half of your pumpkin mixture down the middle of one puff pastry sheet and on either side of the filling, cut lines into your dough.
- Lightly brush your dough with the whisked egg.
- Take the 1st strip on the right and lay it over the filling. Now take one from the left. Alternate back and forth until you get to the end. Brush over the whole thing with the whisked egg.
- Do this whole process again with the other sheet of puff pastry.
- Place your pan with both braids into the oven for 40-46 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and Enjoy!