Customizable Fruit Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line your muffin pan with 18 cupcake liners.
- Place 2 packages of your freeze dried fruit into your food processor.
- Process it completely down into a powder.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup of your ground down fruit, your flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place your unsalted butter and granulated sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer with your paddle attachment.
- Cream your butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Scrape down the bottom and sides of your bowl.
- With your mixer on low speed, slowly add half of your wet ingredients.
- With your mixer still on low, slowly add half of your dry ingredients.
- With your mixer still on low, add the remaining of your wet ingredients.
- Again, with your mixer still on low, add the remaining of your dry ingredients.
- Before the ingredients are fully incorporated, stop your mixer and remove the bowl from your stand mixer.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the bottom and sides of your bowl and fold in any ingredients that weren't fully incorporated.
- Using a scoop, fill your cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full. I can consistently get 18 cupcakes out of this batter.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until they spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, add your buttercream and enjoy! I added 1/2 cup of ground freeze dried strawberries to my All-Butter Buttercream and then topped with my Chocolate Ganache to make them extra decadent!