Fluffy Vanilla Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 8" pans with my non-stick pan spread and place a piece of parchment paper into the bottom of each pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place your unsalted butter and granulated sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer with your paddle attachment.
- Cream your butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Scrape down the bottom and sides of your bowl.
- With your mixer on low speed, slowly add half of your wet ingredients.
- With your mixer still on low, slowly add half of your dry ingredients.
- With your mixer still on low, add the remaining of your wet ingredients.
- Again, with your mixer still on low, add the remaining of your dry ingredients.
- Before the ingredients are fully incorporated, stop your mixer and remove the bowl from your stand mixer.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the bottom and sides of your bowl and fold in any ingredients that weren't fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter between your two 8" prepared pans.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pans and let completely cool on a cooling rack.
- When completely cool, assemble with buttercream and enjoy!