Key Lime Cake
- 1 15.25 oz box Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 3 oz box Lime Jell-O
- 4 large eggs
- 250 grams vegetable oil
- 234 grams orange juice pulp free works best
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 8" cake pans by rubbing them with butter and then dusting with flour. This will make your cake release beautifully every time!
- This is the cake mix and Jell-O i use. I'm sort of a sticker for baking from scratch, but this is the one cake recipe that I do use a boxed mix for. This cake just comes out absolutely unbeatable in the taste and texture department so I stick with it!
- Add all of your ingredients to a large bowl.
- Whisk until well incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the batter to your prepared cake pans.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-26 minutes. I bake for almost exactly 24 minutes. You want the middles to be set.
- Remove from the oven and let set in the pans for 4 minutes.
- Run a knife between the pan and your cake.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and let cool on a rack until cooled completely.
- Assemble and enjoy! I use my Cream Cheese Buttercream on this and it takes it over the top!