Join our Facebook group! Ask questions, connect with other bakers (new & experienced), and have fun!
Mini M&M Cookie Cups
- Preheat your oven to 375 degress F. If baking as one large cookie, preheat your oven to 340 degrees F. Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. **If you want to make these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie cups, add 2/4 cups cocoa powder.**
- With a stand or handheld mixer, cream the butter, both sugars, and vanilla together until creamy. About 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add 1 egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add the second egg and mix until incorporated. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until it starts to come together. You will still see some flour that's not fully mixed in.
- Add the 10 ounce package of mini M&M's.
- Mix again for 10 seconds. You don't want to crush the M&M's, you just want to incorporate them.
- Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Scoop with a small cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon into the mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. You want to barely see color starting to form around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. They will slightly sink in in the middle as they cool. This is good because that's where you can put the filling of your choice!
- Remove from the pan and let completely cool on a cooling rack. They should come out of the pan easily. I take a steak knife and place it between the pan and the cookie, tilt the knife slightly and the cookie will pop right up.
- If you want to make these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie cups, add 1/4 cups cocoa powder.
- You can also bake this in a cake pan for a big cookie! If you’re doing it this way, bake at 340 degrees F for 24-28 minutes.