Mini Red Velvet Cakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper into a large sheet pan. I used a 20x14" pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add your eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and red food color. Whisk well and set aside.
- In a small saucepot, place your butter, water, and cocoa powder in and turn the heat to medium.
- Stir your butter mixture occasionally until it starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and while whisking constantly, slowly add your egg mixture to the pot.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour your batter into your prepared pan and spread out. You can use a smaller pan, but you will get thicker slices.
- Place your pan into your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. If you lightly touch the middle it should spring back.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut out as many as you can.
- Place your buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip.
- Place one piece of cake onto a plate or board, gently squeeze your piping bag and make little dollops of icing over the top of the cake.
- Add another slice of cake, pipe your dollops again.
- Add a 3rd slice of cake and pipe your last dollops.
- Sprinkle with your sprinkle mix of choice!