These Chocolate Sugar Cookies are delicious and taste like brownies! You can use my easily Customizable Perfect Royal Icing to finish these off! Go ahead, make these now!
Join our Facebook group! Ask questions, connect with other bakers (new & experienced), and have fun!
Watch the YouTube Live Stream here!
No Chill No Spread Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 224 grams all purpose flour
- 32 grams cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 grams natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 113 grams unsalted butter cool, not room temperature
- 140 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg cold
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Place your unsalted butter, sugar, oil, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low until just incorporated.
- Add your egg to your butter mixture and turn your mixer on low again. There will still be small chunks of butter and that is okay. Scrape down the sides and bottom of your bowl.
- With your mixer on low, add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Continue to mix on low until it comes together. This may take a minute or two.
- I roll my dough on a piece of parchment paper with 3/8" slats on either side to roll a perfectly even dough.
- Cut your shapes, place on prepared pans, and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- "Sweet Heat" Chipotle Chocolate