Join our Facebook group! Ask questions, connect with other bakers (new & experienced), and have fun!
Perfect Fluffy Chocolate Cupcakes!
These perfect fluffy chocolate cupcakes create the perfect dome and are absolutely delicious! Here's a great recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes also!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line enough muffin tins for 30 cupcakes.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and then fill the rest of the way up with milk. Let sit while you get the rest of your ingredients ready. This is basically a short cut for buttermilk.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, both sugars, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour half of the milk mixture and half of the egg sugar mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk just until it's starting to incorporate.
- Add the other half of the milk mixture and egg sugar mixture and whisk until it's smooth. You want to be careful to stop as soon as it's all come together and don't overmix!
- Fill your cupcake liners halfway and no more! These cupcakes get a lot of rise and will spill over if you fill more than halfway! Tip- I like to use cookie scoops to measure out my cupcake batter to keep all of them the same size.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until when very lightly touched they spring back and don't stick to your finger. Mine are usually perfect at 13 1/2 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. I don't let them sit in the pan for longer than a minute or two before removing to a cooling rack or counter. Let them cool completely before decorating.
Serving: 1cupcakeCalories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 2gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 132mgPotassium: 81mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 49IUCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!