This really is a perfect Funfetti Cake for Two! I used half of my All-Butter American Buttercream for this cake. You can leave out the jimmies if you’d like a plain vanilla cake instead. Coloring the batter is another fun option! Get creative and use your imagination without having to worry about a ton of cake leftover!
Perfect Funfetti Cake for Two
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 6" cake pans. I use my Non-Stick Pan Release, and then place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together you flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt your unsalted butter and add in your sugar. Whisk. It will still be gritty and that's okay.
- Add your eggs.
- Whisk until slightly lighter in color. About 2 minutes.
- Add your sour cream, vanilla, and milk and whisk until incorporated.
- Add your flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until most of the lumps are gone. If you're adding your jimmies, do so now. Don't over-mix them or they'll start to bleed.
- Split your batter between your two prepared pans.
- Bake for 40-46 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and let the cake cool in the pan for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let the cakes cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Assemble with your buttercream and enjoy!