Protein Rice Crispy Treats
- 5 tablespoons butter (I prefer unsalted, but you can use salted)
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 4 scoops Orgain protein powder (I use the 50 Superfoods one, but all of Orgain's protein powders work)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or flavor of your choice (optional)
- Butter a 13×9 inch dish or pan.
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the butter and marshmallows.
- Stir periodically with a silicone spatula.
- In a medium bowl, add the rice crispy cereal and the protein powder.
- Lightly mix it around.
- When the marshmallows are almost completely melted, remove from heat and add your flavoring if using it. I used Caramel flavor this time.
- Pour the rice crispy cereal and protein mix into the pot.
- Mix well and pour into your buttered dish or pan.
- I add some butter to my hands and press the rice crispy treats into the dish. The butter helps it not stick to your hands.
- Let cool and cut into 12 treats. I store them in an airtight container.