These Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins are the perfect companion to a hot cup of coffee! If you want more of a dessert option, try these Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Buttercream soon!
For the streusel:
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter cold and cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl add the flour, both sugars, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of the cold butter cut into small cubes.
- Using a fork, mash the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like chunky sand. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Cut the 6 tablespoons of room temperature butter into slices, and add them to the flour mixture.
- Using a fork, mash the butter into the mixture until it looks like chunky sand.
- Add the sour cream, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree into the flour and butter mixture.
- Whisk until it's just combined. It will seem really thick at first, but it will come together quickly after a few whisks. It will still have a few lumps.
- Add 3/4 cup of the strudel mixture onto the muffin batter. Using a rubber spatula, fold the strudel into the muffin batter. It shouldn't be fully incorporated. Just a few fold will do.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter into your prepared muffin pan with liners. I use an ice cream scoop to do this and each liner gets a heaping scoop of batter.
- Melt your remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and add it to the streusel mixture. Stir until it looks like wet sand with chunks.
- Using your fingers, sprinkle the streusel mixture over the top of each muffin. It will be slightly messy but I promise, it's beyond worth it!
- Place into your preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. If you insert a toothpick into one, it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
- Once cool, remove them from the pan and enjoy!