Real Strawberry Meringues
- Preheat your oven to 215 degrees F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Place your 3 egg whites into your stand mixer.
- Using your whisk attachment, beat your egg whites until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and vanilla.
- With your mixer on medium-high, slowly add the sugar. I sprinkle in about 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Whisk the mixture to stiff peaks.
- Add in your ground freeze dried strawberries.
- Whisk on medium-high just until incorporated.
- I used Americolor Burgundy to stripe my bag before piping. Take a toothpick, insert it into your food color. Run the toothpick along the inside of the piping bag (fitted with a #1A tip) to create lines. I did 4.
- Add the meringue to your piping bag.
- Pipe onto your prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. They will slightly expand while baking.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 60-90 minutes or until they're firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let completely cool.