Simple Raspberry Coulis
- 6 oz fresh organic raspberries
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Rinse your raspberries (or whatever fruit you're using) and place into a small sauce pot.
- Add your sugar and water.
- Place on your stove and turn the burner to a medium-low heat.
- Stir occasionally until it comes to a simmer.
- While it's simmering don't forget to stir frequently.
- Simmer for 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let set in pot for 5 minutes.
- Place a mesh strainer over a bowl.
- Pour your cooked raspberry into the strainer.
- Work the coulis through the strainer.
- Occasionally run your spatula across the underside of the strainer. This will help when it starts to become thick and is hard to work more through. Note: Make sure there are NO seeds on your spatula before you do this!
- Once your left with mostly just seeds, set your strainer aside.
- Before it gets stirred up it will look like this.
- Stir your coulis and let cool completely before using or storing.
- Enjoy over the top of ice cream, oatmeal, mixed into buttercream and even cake or cupcake batter! The possibilities are endless!
- I love using this in my Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies. Click the Link for Recipe!! --> Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Store and use within a week in the fridge or freeze for months.