The Most Amazing Carrot Cake!
- 170 grams vegetable oil
- 98 grams granulated sugar
- 88 grams golden brown sugar (packed)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 222 grams all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 226 grams finely grated carrots (about 4 regular sized)
- Preheat your oven to 350* F. Prepare 2 6" pans with non-stick spread and place a piece of parchment paper into the bottom.
- Finely grate your carrots over a small bowl. I use a microplane to finely grate my carrots. I like how much moisture it lends to the cake and the amazing texture. You can just use a box grater or even a food processor if you want.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together your flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add your oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until incorporated.
- Add your eggs and mix again on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add your vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- With your mixer on low, slowly add your dry ingredients.
- Once almost fully incorporated, remove the bowl from your mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add your carrots to your batter and fold together.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 6" pans.
- Place into your preheated oven and bake for 26-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely before adding buttercream.