Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups flour all purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granualted sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 15 cupcake liners into a cupcake pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, sour cream, milk, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, microwave the butter until melted. Add the sugar and mix well. If using a stand mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture and mix well, until all the big lumps are gone.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter into each cupcake liner and place into the oven.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the cupcakes lightly spring back when touched.
- Let cool completely before frosting.